The Role of the Sun
Too much of a Good Thing
Fossil Fuels and Global Warming
Methane and Global Warming
Rainforests and Global Warming
Five Things YOU can do to Help Stop Global Warming
Printer friendly version (pdf)
Also in Spanish or Chinese
Top 5 things YOU can do to help stop global warming
- Eat less beef. Raising animals for food-especially big animals like cows--puts a lot of methane into the air. Eat more plant-based food like whole grains, beans, nuts, seeds, fruit and vegetables. It's good for your health, it's good for the animals, and it's good for our climate!
- Compost food scraps. Put leftover food into a compost pile, worm bin, or into San Francisco's green cart. Learn more about composting!
- Use less gasoline. Instead of driving everywhere, we can walk or ride our bikes. We can carpool or share rides and also take public transportation-the buses, trains, subways and trolleys that a city or town provides for its citizens.
- Save energy. Remember to turn off the lights, the TV, the computer and your stereo when you're not using them. Unplug all chargers and cords that aren't being used. Also, put on a sweater when it's cold instead of turning up the heat.
- Play these fun energy saving games:
Department of Energy Games